Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Lack of traffic light icons on navigation maps

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
We love the appearance and navigation features of the Hyundai Palisade maps except for a very obvious missing feature. One of the most useful visual icons on Google and Apple Maps are the small traffic light icons for intersections along the route. They visually expedite navigation by allowing us to gauge location by upcoming traffic light locations, which are extremely visual, rather than by individual streets and small street sign names. We even find it easier to mentally envision our next turn as being just one or two streets past the next traffic light instead of trying to visually identify or count the blocks. All-in-all we feel the traffic light icons translate to less focus time on the navigation display and safer driving. Has anyone else noticed the lack of this key feature or whether Hyundai intends to include these visual landmarks for the map in the future?

PalyGoBOOM

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Caligraphy
What version nav software do you have? I have traffic lights and it shows me if they are currently red, yellow, or green.

OP
L
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Hey, that is pretty cool. We have a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy with the Standard-class Gen5W Navigation platform and the most recent October 2023 navigation update ( LX2.USA.S5W_M.V011.005.231215 update in our case). Thanks for the feedback, not sure why ours is any different unless your more recent model supports additional features and a different upgrade. Unfortunately, the website fails to clarify any differences between models or years - frustrating.

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Caligraphy
When I hold the map button for more than 5 seconds it makes the light change

OP
L
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Are you saying it makes the traffic light icons appear or disappear? If so, I'll try that, but not sure what will happen given we have an older model. Thanks.

Hyundai Palisade Posts